How comfortable are you using Best Websites?
I must admit that I rarely use the list of Best Websites. Usually, it just seems too cumbersome to navigate. I don't like how cluttered and confusing the layout of the site is -what do the little numbers beside links mean? why would I want to choose a subject from a tag cloud?- it's difficult to make sense of what's going on here.
When I'm searching for information to answer a reference question, I'm much more likely to use the sites bookmarked on the ref. desk web browsers.
BUT!
After poking around Deliciuos a bit this morning and trying a bit harder to get over my feelings of icky-ness towards the site, I have discovered (useful!) things I didn't know existed. Like:
Under the Fiction & Literature> Shakespeare tag there is a link to 'No Fear Shakespeare'. Modern English next to the original text- available for lots of plays & sonnets too. Perfect for students when everything we have is checked out. Huzzah!
Also...Library and Archives Canada has a serchable database of city directories for locations all across Canada!
So, after this little experiment, I have at least 2 new reasons to use Best Websites. Perhaps I'll find more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment