Thursday, April 22, 2010

Google Universe

What do you like about the Google product? What do you dislike? Would you recommend the product to friends and colleagues?

I browsed around the Google Universe and discovered a few things I wasn't aware of previously. Although I used the advance search often, I didn't know that there are other search tools available to help narrow down results to a particular topic or subject (weather, books, unit conversion, etc.) I'll use this feature again.

Another reference resource I discovered is a part of the Google Labs site; a start-up company called Aardvark was recently acquired by Google and is now integrated into their services. Aardvark is a social search engine. You can submit a question and Aardvark will find someone to provide an answer. The people answering your questions are your friends and friends-of-friends. I might be tempted to recommend Aardvark, but I can't decide if it's creepy or cool? Do I really want to sync my Google account and Facebook account and allow my contacts to see what I'm up to? Sure it's convenient, but as with most other Google services, it's too loosey goosey with my personal information to make me comfortable about using it.

Cyberattack on Google Said to Hit Password System

No comments:

Post a Comment