Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RSS

Were you able to successfully set up your RSS feed? If not, where did you run into problems? If you were successful, does this make information-gathering more convenient for you?

I found the bloglines site very easy to set up, initally. When I began looking for feeds to subscribe to though, things fell apart a wee bit. For example, I wanted to add the Guardian newspaper to my list. I clicked on the RSS icon on their website, which brought up a long list of gobbledegook (HTML?) - what am I supposed to do with that? Back to bloglines... tried searching for the Guardian on their list of 1000 feeds, but got impatient because I couldn't find it.

I like the idea of having one place to look to see all the updates I'm looking for, but I don't really like: 1.the tech-iness of it all. this should be easy, yes? i think i'm missing something? and 2. the visual appearance of the bloglines page. part of what i like about the sites i read is how they are presented/ designed. I find bloglines very dated looking and unappealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment