Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Social Networking

For you, is Facebook useful or a time-waster?

Erm, both.

I was a Facebook hold out for ages. I finally- and begrudgingly- signed up just a couple of months ago (and share an account with my fellow facebook-shunning boyfriend). We signed up to promote an art project that we'd been working on together that needed an element of public feedback. It only kind-of worked. I don't think that we put in as much effort as we needed to to make the online component of the project really successful. For the first few days we went 'friend' crazy and added nearly everyone we know- friend or otherwise. We uploaded a few pictures, but didn't post as regularly as a lot of folks do. Now that the project is finished though, I don't find myself checking in on facebook anymore. I'll occasionally look through my contacts recent updates, but rarely (if ever) update my own profile.
So, there's the catch- to make facebook useful (as a promotional tool, anyway) I think that you have to 'waste' a great deal of time on it to make yourself visible.

each other

No comments:

Post a Comment